About Me

Hi my name is Kaarle McCulloch and I am a track cyclist. I have started this blog so that family and friends can keep up to date with my travels around the world in my quest to become the best athlete that I can be.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Australian Titles Day One

Day one of the 2011 Australian Championships kicked off for me with the Team Sprint. Last year I teamed up with first year Under 19 Madison Law to take out the title which was a great achievement for the both of us. This year however I teamed up with Cass Kell to go about bringing the title back to NSW. We had a big task on our hand with somes stiff competition from Western Australia's Holly Williams and Allee Proud as well as South Australians Steph Morton and Anna Meares.

In Qualifying Cass had a brilliant first lap which put us in front and I was able to bring it home to qualify us first by over half a second to the South Australian team, breaking the Australian Championships Record on our way! But only half the job was done! Cass and I knew that the south Australian team would come out firing so we put it all on the line again in the final.

Cass and I broke the record again to take the title! This was Cass's first Australian title and my 5th consecutive and it was a great feeling to stand on top of the podium with her with our special green and gold jerseys on after riding two brilliant rides! A great start to what was going to be, for me, a very tough weeks worth of racing.

Left to right: Anna Meares, Steph Morton, Cass Kell, me, Allee Proud, Holly Williams

Tomorrow proves to be my biggest day of the week with the 200m Qualifying in the morning and the 500m Time Trial in the evening. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment