About Me

Hi my name is Kaarle McCulloch and I am a track cyclist. I have started this blog so that family and friends can keep up to date with my travels around the world in my quest to become the best athlete that I can be.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas, a wedding and NYE - 2011 here I come

My short break over Christmas was a much needed and loved experience. I miss my family so much and I was determined to make it a family affair by not leaving home for the whole of the 6 days (which I mostly achieved!).

Christmas evening I spent at my dads in my home town of Bowral where we had dinner at my family friends the Hill's. Rod, Debbie, Dave and Sally are great supporters of mine and I always love coming home at Christmas to spend some time with them and my dad.

My dad bought my sister and I I-pads! I was pretty stoked with that! It will be very handy for traveling! I will no longer have to travel with books or DVD's - thanks Dad! I also got to meet my dads neighbour Milly who looks after my dads place when he travels to watch me race, it was a pleasure to meet Milly who is a lovely lady.

Christmas day was spent with my mum and step father along with my grandparents Sheila and Terry. My little sister Mackenzie was very excited and got very spoilt! My sister and her boyfriend Blake spent Christmas night in Abbey's new tent and I was very happy when I woke up at 4am and it was pouring with rain! Whilst my brother and I are both cyclists we didn't go out on one road ride together for the whole of the 6days, thankfully for me as he is a road machine and he would have absolutely smashed me! I did a little extra riding on the road this week as I was unable to get to the gym or track and I found it very refreshing to be out on the country roads in the beautiful sunshine for a change. I came home with a very nice tan line!

Our Christmas tree with all of Santa's deliveries - and a very happy Mackenzie!

My sister Abbey with our two dogs Coco and Domino in her new tent

On my last night in Sydney my manager Andrew Taylor got tickets for my parents and I to attend the Sydney comedy show. I had never been to a comedy show before and it was a fantastic experience! We saw about 7 different comedians all of which at some stage had me laughing very hard! It was defintley an experience I would love to have again! Sydney was in stunning form as usual with preparations for New Years Eve being undertaken. The city was alien like with very little people around – all on holiday I assmue and the Opera house was a great place to hold the show. My parents and I had dinner in Rose Bay at the Watsons hotel, watching the sun set over the harbour! It was divine!

My mum, Karen, and I in Sydney

Sunset over the city

The next day I was off home before getting up early on New Years Eve day to drive to Horsham for Michelle and Jason's wedding. Jason is a member of Team Jayco AIS with me and has been a great friend and team mate to me for the past three years, Michelle also has become a close friend of mine and I was pretty stoked to be joining them to celebrate their special day. The weather in Horsham was hot and windy at about 42degrees! The wedding was held in a beautiful church in town whilst the reception was held on a stunning goat farm a little out of town. The team and I had an amazing New Years Eve with Shell and Jason and I wish both of them a long and happy marriage!

Left to right - Emily Rosemond, Joel Leonard, Daniel Ellis, Scott Sunderland, Anna Meares, the beautiful bride Michelle Niblett, Jason Niblett, Me, Berthy May, Shane Perkins and Alex Bird.

Shane Perkins, his stolen hat (it was Annas!) and me!

Anna and I

The following day I was up early to make the long drive back to Adelaide to begin 2011's campaign! I am glad to be home now and already am back into the swing of things. Next up for me is the Australian Championships in Sydney, followed possibly by the Manchester World Cup. Happy New Years Eve everyone and I wish you all a happy and great 2011...until next time take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment