About Me

Hi my name is Kaarle McCulloch and I am a track cyclist. I have started this blog so that family and friends can keep up to date with my travels around the world in my quest to become the best athlete that I can be.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kish Active

On my very first Senior Worlds Team I was very fortunate to be roomed with World Champion Katherine Bates.  Kate, being from NSW, was already a friend of mine but I was still quite intimidated be her as I was the youngest female and the only female sprinter in 2008!  In this particular year being an Olympic year I was privy to be able to experience the rights that Olympic potentials get, things like the 6week camp overseas prior to the World Championships.  I was roomed with Kate for that entire 6weeks.

During the 6weeks I learnt so much not only from Kate but from all the team who included the likes of Bradley McGee and Ryan Bayley.  One of the things that stuck with me from Kate however was some advice she gave to me on my road rides out on the cold roads of Bordeaux in France.  She said I should either not wear a crop top or wear a very good undershirt, the reason you don't do this is because the sweat gets trapped in the fabrics of the crop top and you get cold on you're chest which can lead to sickness and I felt I was on the verge and actually spent a few days confined to my own room because I did get sick.  I was a little skeptical of this advice but after only one ride I came in feeling much better by not wearing a crop top and just a very basic undershirt that I had.  

Over the past few years I have been searching for a good undershirt and most have failed in doing the job required for those long cold rides and the very hot rides.  Kate again has come to my rescue!  I am proud to be an ambassador for Kate's new range of undershirts which are made from Bamboo - Kish Active!  It sounds strange but its a very sustainable and effective fabric that does the job for all climates.  They are specially made for women and fit our specific needs and contours.
Not sure why this has come up with the lines through it but this photo was taken by the very talented Sarah Kent of me in my brand new Kish Active undershirts!  They also come in a dark grey.

I am a big advocate of these undershirts and think all females should get onto these!  I even use mine in the gym when I am lifting and mostly now on the ergo where I sweat up a storm but don't actually feel like it!  

Take a look at the website and buy some today!

No comments:

Post a Comment