About Me

Hi my name is Kaarle McCulloch and I am a track cyclist. I have started this blog so that family and friends can keep up to date with my travels around the world in my quest to become the best athlete that I can be.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

On the eve

Hi everyone,

I have neglected keeping everyone updated for some time on my blog, so I apologise for that.  At the moment I am sitting in my room in the village with Anna across from me talking to her husband, Mark, on the phone.  Things are pretty normal despite the fact that we are at an Olympic Games!  I am very excited about being here and the first few days were spent playing spot the sportstar in the food hall, but now its just like: 'Oh hey theres my mate Michael Phelps, no biggie just having lunch in the food hall with him!'  Ha-ha.  Below is a picture of the cycling team eating dinner in the food hall.


Its a great atmosphere in the Australian apartments and on our floor we are sharing with the women's Waterpolo including Nicola Zagame who is a fellow Sutherland Shire girl!  It was great to see her and she is having a great meet so far scoring two goals in one of their opening matches the other day.  All the Aussie Track girls are sharing the one apartment and here we all are below at the track before our first roll on the very beautiful Olympic Velodrome. (L-R Melissa Hoskins, Me, Amy Cure, Anna Meares, Josie Tomic and Nettie Edmondson.)


Today Anna and I have our last track session for this 4year cycle!  It is a momentous achievement.  I remember 4years ago standing at Adelaide airport waving goodbye to the girls and guys who made the team for Beijing and now here I am about to pull on my very yellow skin suit and roll out and ride for Australia!  How humbling.  Below is a photo of Anna and I being officially indicted in the 2012 Australian Olympic Team!  This will be going up in the living room!


And so before I sign off on the eve of the big dance (as my coach Gary West likes to say) thank you to everyone for you're well wishes on the social media websites and sorry I have not been replying, that is on my list of things to do when I finish racing!  Thank-you to everyone who has been on this path with me to this moment including my personal sponsors and of course my family and friends.  I couldn't do what I do without you all.  And when I roll out I roll out for you all.  Below is a photo of my nails...proudly painted with the Australian Flag!  Look good, feel good, ride fast! :)


Lastly I hope to hear you all cheering for Anna and I, even if you are on the opposite of the world!  Lets go do this!

Karls :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment