About Me

Hi my name is Kaarle McCulloch and I am a track cyclist. I have started this blog so that family and friends can keep up to date with my travels around the world in my quest to become the best athlete that I can be.

Friday, May 25, 2012

London Bound

Hi all,

Well finally it is actually official!  I am off to the Olympic Games.  I was very humbled to be pulled aside by Gary West, my coach who sat me down to tell me the news officially.  I have never been so excited about something since I was told that I would be representing Australia for the first time at the Junior World Championships 6years ago.  That is quite significant because between then and now I have been to many wonderful events including the 2010 Commonwealth Games and whilst those events were special there is something even more so about being told you will be an Olympian.

Talking to the press!  See last link below for video footage.
Gary told us all (sprint group including Anna Meares, Shane Perkins, Matthew Glaetzer and Scott Sunderland) that we are now in a select group of people who can acknowledge and claim that they are indeed an Olympian.  That is a pretty special achievement and I am super proud.
The sprint group off to London (L-R) Shane Perkins, Scott Sunderland, myself, Anna Meares and Matthew Glaetzer

On Friday the 25th of June I got the official letter from the AOC and also did my first ever press conference with the aforementioned riders plus the stand alone Endurance rider left in Australia Alex Edmondson.  The rest of the Endurance team are already overseas and they include Amy Cure, Josephine Tomic, Annette Edmondson, Rohan Dennis, Glen O’Shea, Jack Bobridge and Michael Hepburn.  Congratulations to all my team mates and I look forward to sharing this experience with you all.

With the release of the team came a flourish of articles and news items some of which can be found in the links below.









No comments:

Post a Comment