About Me

Hi my name is Kaarle McCulloch and I am a track cyclist. I have started this blog so that family and friends can keep up to date with my travels around the world in my quest to become the best athlete that I can be.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Commonwealth Games Support Messages

Hi everyone,

Its lovely to know that the support for the Aussies is at full tilt back at home and I have been getting some nice emails and messages from various schools and people showing their support for my Commonwealth Campaign.

A special shout out goes to my little sister Mackenzie and her class 2C and her teacher Miss Cooley at Camden South Primary School who are going to follow my progress at the games in class. Thanks 2C and I will definitley try to come back and visit you all when I return from the games - hopefully with some medals to show you all! : )

Also a big thanks to Jordana from Miss Browns class at St John Bosco school in Adelaide who chose to send me a lovely a drawing and good luck message. Thanks Jordana I really appreciate it! : )


The issues surrounding the Commonwealth Games seems to be growing in intensity now that we are only 12days away from racing and only 6days from arriving there. I have to say my original doubt over these issues being of concern is turning slightly, with hype particularly in the Australian media growing in intensity. If I remember correctly however there has always been issues before every major Games in the past with concerns before the Athens Olympics about venues being not being completed and of course the pollution concerns in Beijing.

I remember going to Cali in Colombia in December 2008 and being told of the kidnapping concerns. Whilst that in itself was an experience the trip non the less was a success and the Colombians put on a great show and I still to this day claim that racing in front of that crowd was by far the best crowd I have raced in front of. Of course there were times when it was a little confronting but I went to a third country coming from a developed and amazing country in Australia. India will be an eye opener - that is a guarantee. But for the most part I think it will be a great experience and the rest of the Australian cycling team and myself will be going unless the government deems it unsafe - so please everyone keep up the support and remain optimistic.

On that note the link to send support messages to any athlete/the team in general is:
mailto:commgames.aussie.team@gmail.com
The link to send support messages to cyclists is:
mailto:cycling.cwg2010aus@gmail.com
Take care all : )

Karls

No comments:

Post a Comment