About Me

Hi my name is Kaarle McCulloch and I am a track cyclist. I have started this blog so that family and friends can keep up to date with my travels around the world in my quest to become the best athlete that I can be.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Adelaide GP Photos

Hi all,

Here are some photos from the Adelaide GP courtesy of Maggie Elliott from Mags Photography. Mags took the photos for my website as well. Thanks Mags!

This is the Keirin heat. I had two of the guys controlling the race from the front and I was waiting to make a move around the outside on bell lap. I wasn't quite strong enough to come around both guys and finished 3rd and had to go through the Rep.

This is the Keirin Rep. Little did I know that the fourth rider pulled out with a lap and a bit to go so I rode the whole two and a half laps on the front at a reasonable pace, this was about 15min before the Team Sprint Final so I was hurting just a little!
Not sure exactly what this is before, probably the Keirin Rep. Anna and I are chilling waiting to go up! Go the 5Bling gloves as well! : )

Anna and I gearing up for the final of the Women's Team Sprint. We rode a lot better in this round then we did in the heat. In the heat we ran our normal racing tyres but because it was so cold the tyres weren't gripping the track as nicely as they normally would (it was 10degrees - hence the leg warmers and jackets). Anna actually fell out of the gates in our heat because the tyres were so slippery and I almost didn't get on in the heat because my back wheel was skipping. We rode our training tyres in this final and it went a lot better - mind you we were still a fair bit off our World Record!This is me with Malaysian sprinter Fatehah Mustapa. I have raced Fatehah a lot in the past two years, and even teamed up with her for a Team Sprint at the Perth GP two years ago. She is a fantastic opponent with a lot of potential. I hope to race against her at the Commonwealth Games later this year.
Now that I have figured out how to publish photos expect to see a lot more up here from now on! Until next time...
Karls : )

No comments:

Post a Comment